Pages

Review: Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation

I picked this up the other day on an introductory offer as this is a brand new product, hot off the press.
I had kind of disregarded Max Factor for their foundations as I tried them when I was younger and the finish was cakey and heavy - they do also produce a pan stick after all! All that changes with this new creme formula.

It's super super soft and oh so silky, meaning that applying it with fingers is a dream. It feels gorgeous, like velvet, and the shade range is perfect for my pale skin tone. Lasting power isn't great, but that goes for all of these types of foundations.


If you've tried Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse then yes, it will obviously draw comparisons, but I can honestly say this is a 100% better product. Maybelline's was a gross mousse, very plastic-y feeling and quite thick, whereas this is a lot 'wetter', silky and more smooth. It really sinks in, so is for a natural rather than airbrushed effect. Overall I'm impressed - it's not going to be my everyday, but it's the kind of thing that's perfect for popping in your bag for on the go - very easy to apply with fingers, perfect for touchups.