Pages

Benefit Miss Popularity Highlighter

Benefit create a lot of products I rely on - boiing concealer, hoola bronzer and my beloved bad gal mascara to name a few. They've always puzzled me - clearly aiming themselves at the younger, teenage spectrum of customers yet still charging high-end prices you'd expect from more 'luxe' brands. Still, their stuff is usually brilliant which is why this particular product was so disappointing. 


I tend to only use a shimmer highlighter on nights out - it's a little full on for daytime and I contour with a lighter concealer or touché éclat under my eyes. This is a frosty white pigment, injected with a dazzling shimmer, that you apply with a wand. Formula wise, it's lovely - loose powder, not chalky and very pigmented.


Sadly, the packaging sucks. The little sponge at the end of the wand is hard and picks up zero product, and the concept of dragging a plastic stick across your cheekbones is just bizarre. The vertical pot was another bad idea - it's impossible to get the pigment out and the opening is too small, meaning that the applicator get stuck (!) and requires tugging to get free. It's a shame - the actual product is nice, but not worth the time and effort caused by the rubbish packaging. From a brand so focused on the way it's items look, I expected more.