Pages

Products I use everyday: Revlon Photoready Primer

This is the less-famous little sister of Revlon's big hitter, Photoready foundation, which I own and love. The primer, however, is in my opinion the rightful star of the show. Smooth, silicone-packed and long lasting, I use this every single day on top of moisturiser and underneath whatever foundation I use during the summertime.



As it's heavy on the silicone, it's not one for acne sufferers, and the lack of moisturising properties means that dry skin prone people should give it a miss too. Personally, I'd never use it in the winter when I battle with my skin daily to keep hydrated (La Prarie, you are my best friend) as it can cling to dry patches.

However, in hotter weather when your foundation has a tendency to slip and slide, this one's a miracle for 'gripping' your makeup and extending its wear. It's in a lovely glass bottle which looks good on the dresser, but not ideal for on the move. It's also got a rather off-putting paint-like pong, a perennial problem with Revlon's products (ugh Colorstay ugh) but it soon disappears. In my opinion, it's worth putting up with for the baby-soft skin it creates. It's not a one-primer-fits-all solution, but if it works for you, the results are flawless.