Pages

Products I use Everyday: Maybelline Gel Liner

I'm a gel liner kinda gal, despite multiple flirtations with liquid liner and the gorgeous smoky effects of a khol pencil, I have eventually come to accept that the only thing capable of staying put on my eyelids for a full day whilst maintaining the true black finish I started out with is a gel product. And this is one of the best.


Frequently compared with the giants of MAC Fluidline and the Bobbi Brown gel liners, this offering from Maybelline is certainly up there in my book. It's a proper inky black, creamy to apply, fast drying and stays put until bedtime.

It also comes with the first ever non-rubbish provided brush EVER - small enough to do the job with flexible soft bristles that last a fair while. I prefer to use a small Sigma or Crown brush to line with, but it's decent enough.

I love the packaging too - a sophisticated frosted glass pot with white font, and a silver cap that looks classy and expensive and most of all, keeps the product airtight. This has never dried out on me, and I've been through a few. All in all, a total eyeliner hit.