Pages

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation


Pixiwoo gave huge publicity to the notorious Skin Base on youtube, and with good reason. Illamasqua make this foundation in every colour from pure white to black, so there literally is a shade for everyone. It's the first skin product I've found that actually cater to very pale and very dark women - finally!!

As you can probably tell, this product is not new - I've finally run out and I'm devastated. This is shade 2, but even I'm not this pale - instead I find it perfect for mixing with darker toned bases to lighten them up, especially in that transitional phase from summer to winter. It's medium coverage, with a satin-matte finish, so may suit if you're looking for something more natural. 


On its own, it's not the longest wearing, but when used as a mixer it does not effect the lasting powder of your ordinary foundation. It's light (although the BB cream 'inspiration' claims are a little exaggerated) and it's got a gentle sweet scent too which I love. It's a product that I love and will continue to purchase, in fact, my next order is already on its way...


Illamasqua is available at Selfridges and on their website: www.illamasqua.com